Our Volunteers make The Amateurs a special club. Their enthusiasm and commitment help us to provide an excellent Sailing Program, run popular social events and club functions, maintain our clubhouse and equipment and much more.
Volunteering offers a great opportunity to get to know fellow members, either on the water or at the clubhouse. Develop new skills by joining one of the working bees held throughout the year – paint the clubhouse, maintain the garden or fix the deck. We have many experienced members who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise. If an afternoon or early evening on the water sounds more like you, join our Race Management Team on the Captain Amora. Any level of experience is welcome from beginner to Race Officer – willingness to be part of a team is all that is required.
Volunteers can be part of:
- Race Management Team – training provided.
- Events and Club Functions – RSA required.
- Equipment Auditing – Courses available.
- Tender driving – Boat Licence required. Training provided on Jack Millard.
- Maintenance of clubhouse and equipment.
- Archiving and cataloguing historical records.
- Protest committee – training provided.