Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
What information we collect
The personal information we may collect about you includes:
- Personal Information. Your name, occupation and location
- Contact Information. Your email address, telephone number and business address
- and other information which may assist us in conducting our business, and providing and marketing our products and services.
How we collect information
We collect personal information through our business relationships with our customers. However, we may also receive personal information from third-party sources such as advertising, an individual’s own promotions, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff and our business partners.
We will generally collect personal information by way of forms filled out by people, face-to-face meetings, interviews, business cards, electronic communications and telephone conversations. In addition, we collect personal information from our social media web pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
We may collect your personal information when you request or acquire a product or service from us, register with us as a subscriber to our newsletter, provide a product or service to us or when you communicate with us electronically (including email and facsimile), by telephone or in writing.
We may collect information using:
- Cookies (if relevant – an individual can adjust their browser’s settings to accept or reject cookies) or analytics services;
- Pixel Tags. Pixel tags enable us to contact or otherwise engage with users through a variety of media.
If, at any time, you provide personal or other information about someone other than yourself, you must have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose for which you provide it to us.
Why we collect information
The primary purpose for which we collect personal information about you is to conduct our business, provide and market our services.
How we use personal information
In addition to the primary purpose outlined above, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- to provide you with news and information about our services;
- to manage and enhance our services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- as part of any investigation in relation to you or your activity which we suspect to be a breach of any of our terms and conditions, serious misconduct or unlawful;
- as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including without limitation the Privacy Act).
We never disclose personal information unless otherwise granted permission to do so.
How we hold personal information – security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by means of secure premises, locked cabinets, firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
However, you acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide personal information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information where the security of the information is not within our control.
If you suspect any misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
Last updated on 26 June 2018