The Archive Project (AF) is led by Fred Bevis. The AF is a list of members and their boats from 1872, however, it is not a complete list. We are asking for your help to add records of past members and their boats or to correct entries if you have additional information. Please send details through using the email address email@example.com. If you have a document that might help expand the earlier years’ details make copy or take a photo of it and attach it to an email.
Archive File(AF) column headings and sources used to create it.
The primary source of information is past Annual Reports(AR’s). The Club holds a copy of the 1932 AR and all years from 1954 through to 2020. The SASC published book “The Amateurs” is a significant source of member names and boats as it details the founding members, and includes a listing of members and boats as at the Jubilee year, 1922. It also contains numerous other references to members and their boats over the first 100 years.
A bottle of Rum is still on offer to the person that finds the deliberate error.
The SASC Archive File is now available on the SASC website.
The Archive File can be scrolled through or saved onto your computer and printed. Four versions are available and each file contains about 2800 records. If printed both sides, it’s about 45 pages.
The files and a description of the column headings can be downloaded :
- Archive File Column Headings Descriptions
- A full description of all Column Headings in the Archive File
- SASC Archive June 21 2021 – By Member Year Boat Name
- BY Members in alphabetical order and then their boats in year of member acquisition
- SASC Archive June 21 2021 – By Boat Name
- By Boat Name in alphabetical order then year first appeared in an Annual Report
- SASC Archive June 21 2021 – By Sail No_
- By Sail No. and year first appeared in an Annual Report
- SASC Archive June 21 2021 – Primary Boat Name
- By Current Boat Name and Year in Annual Report
SASC Books “The Amateurs” and “The Second Century Begins” will shortly be added to the website in PDF format.