The Archive Project (AF) is led by Fred Bevis. The AF is a list of members and their boats from 1872, however, it is not a complete list. We are asking for your help to add records of past members and their boats or to correct entries if you have additional information. Please send details through using the email address email@example.com. If you have a document that might help expand the earlier years’ details make copy or take a photo of it and attach it to an email. If you would like to advise any changes or additions to the archive files please complete the form: Archive Maintenance Form
Archive File(AF) column headings and sources used to create it.
The primary source of information is past Annual Reports(AR’s). The Club holds a copy of the 1932 AR and all years from 1954 through to 2020. The SASC published book “The Amateurs” is a significant source of member names and boats as it details the founding members, and includes a listing of members and boats as at the Jubilee year, 1922. It also contains numerous other references to members and their boats over the first 100 years. A bottle of Rum is still on offer to the person that finds the deliberate error.
The SASC Archive File can be scrolled through or saved onto your computer and printed. Two versions are available and each file contains about 4,000 records. If printed both sides, it’s about 45 pages.
The files and a description of the column headings can be viewed online or downloaded below :
- SASC Archive File by Member Updated 2 April 2022
- BY Member in alphabetical order and then their boats in year of member acquisition
- SASC Archive File by Boat Name Updated 2 April 2022
- BY Boat Name in alphabetical order then year first appeared in an Annual Report
- SASC Archive File by Sail No. Updated 2 April 2022
- BY Sail Number
- Column Headings AF Updated 11 January 2022
- A full description of all Column Headings in the Archive File
- SASC Honour Board – updated 20th October 2021
- SASC Archive File by length of membership Updated 2 April 2022
“The Amateurs” and “The Second Century Begins” can be downloaded in PDF format: SASC Books
“Ranger Sprint Series” can be downloaded in PDF format : Ranger Sprint Series