20th March 2021
The SASC Covid-19 Committee continues to monitor the status of Covid-19, NSW Government and Industry responses and advise members and guests as follows:
- The club has implemented the NSW Health Covid Safe QR Code Check-in system, via the Service NSW phone app. If you do not have a smart phone you can have another member check you in as a dependent, or you must check in via the Service NSW Online form which is set up on the IPAD in the club reception hall.
- All members and guests attending the Clubhouse or the Green Shed MUST check in on arrival, including before using the tender service or club dinghies. Regardless of whether you have been recorded as racing on a vessel through the TopYacht online entry system, you must check in using the NSW Health Covid Safe QR code check-in system whenever you physically attend the premises.
- To comply with NSW Government guidelines and maintain the welfare of members and guests from time to time;
- Passenger numbers on the tenders may be restricted – observe tender drivers’ instructions at all times.
- seating capacity within the clubhouse may be restricted in compliance with the current NSW Government guidelines. Ask a Flag Officer or the Covid Safe Marshall if you’re not sure.
- The club is expected to check that all persons visiting the club are correctly checked in and you may be requested to show the green tick on your phone. If you have any difficulties with the process please seek assistance from a flag officer, the officer of the day or from a staff member.
- We ask members and their guests to monitor NSW Health Department’s advice and to not attend the club if they have visited the locations subject to alerts by NSW Health; https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw
- Staff and tender drivers may wear face masks at their own discretion. Use of masks by members and guests is a personal choice and not compulsory.
- The club may be audited by NSW Health at any time and can be subject to significant pecuniary penalties for breaching Covid-19 requirements.
- Covid-19 is still with us and the way we enjoy sailing needs to continually adapt to the current circumstances. We are all obliged to work together to fight the transmission of the virus, so please ensure you adhere to all the Covid-19 precautions noted below.
We thank you for your cooperation and we ook forward to seeing you at the club soon.
The Flag Officers
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE SASC (INCLUDING THE GREEN SHED) BY LAND OR WATER IF;
In the past 14 days, you, or any member of your household has:
- Been in any State or Territory Government designated high-risk area or hot spot. Click here for list of hot spots;
- Returned from overseas;
- Had a COVID test and are awaiting the result; or
- Have symptoms of the virus (even if mild).
RACING WITH THE SASC
- GET IN – SAIL – GET OUT
Before racing (at home)
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Competing skippers to register all their crew names before each race on TopYacht. If you do not register you will be recorded as DNC.
- To register your crew online go to – Crew registration
- To enter online go to – Online Entry
- Tasks that can be done at home, should be done at home (e.g. debriefing, etc)
- Arrive dressed and ready to sail to minimise the use of club changing facilities
- SASC recommend all sailors download the Australian Government COVID-19 contact tracing App (COVIDSafe) and keep it active, and on them always.
Racing or afloat
- Follow the instructions regarding social distancing whilst using the tender
- Sailors should maintain at least 1.5m distance apart, as far as practicable
- Minimise stacking the rail – crew should endeavour to remain at least 1.5m apart while on the rail
- Reduce unnecessary body contact (e.g. hand shaking, high fives)
- No sharing of personal items such as drink bottles, clothing, loose food, and towels etc.
- Avoid sharing of boat equipment – bring your own lifejacket, gloves etc.
AT THE CLUBHOUSE
All members and guests must check in using the NSW Health Covid-safe QR code check in system via the Service NSW phone app, this is in addition to skippers registering their crew for racing on TopYacht. Posters with a QR code and simple instructions have been posted at convenient locations around the club to facilitate this.
Note: If you are stuck with checking in please reach out to a club Member or Flag Officer and they will be happy to lend a hand to get you going.
Please be aware of, and adhere to the following requirements whilst at the Club:
- Follow the directions of the SASC Covid Marshall(s) who will be wearing a hi-vis vest
- Seating limitations may apply at the Club
- Members and guests should maintain at least 1.5m distance between each other where practicable
- Minimise the use of change rooms, bathrooms, and communal areas
- Shower at home instead of at the Club
- Minimise congregating in areas of the Club and grounds where practicable
- Hand hygiene stations are available at several locations around the SASC
- For the safety of our staff and members the Club is operating a cashless environment
PRACTICE GOOD HAND HYGIENE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER SAILING
The SASC’s priority remains the health and welfare of our staff, members & guests.
Members and guests entering the club are required to sign in via the QR code displayed in the clubhouse. You can download the QR code and instructions below: